Many people are suffering from a very troublesome skin disease, fungal infections. Fungal infections are widespread in wet and damp or unbalanced skin areas. Once they have entered the skin and developed, the result is extremely unpleased, even painful and irritating, thus adversely affecting the physical and mental health of the affected person.
Fungal infections are manifested through four fungal:
- Athlete’s foot: Appears on the legs, causes itching, blisters, rash, or cracking, usually in the between of the toes.
- Ringworm: Usually occurs in the groin, buttocks, less but likely to appear in the chest, back, arms, or legs. This fungus causes itching and rashes, even the sores on the skin.
- Jock itching: is usually found in the groin, buttocks, genitals, or thighs, causes itching, rash (reddening in the center, high edges and rounded scales in the margin).
- Yeast infections: occur in the vagina or gastrointestinal tract of women, cause itching, discomfort odor, redness and pain in the vagina, the vaginal discharge has abnormal symptoms.
Through this article, we provide four types of antifungal essential oils which are very efficient, safe and avoid unwanted side effects when using antibiotics.
Top 4 powerful antifungal essential oils
Lavender essential oil
Lavender oil, with its excellent antifungal properties, deserves topping the list of antifungal essential oils. This kind of oil is best used for leg fungal infection, also known as athlete’s foot.
However, lavender essential oil should not be used directly on your skin as it can cause severe irritation. So we introduced a homemade formula that uses lavender essential oil in combination with other essential oils such as rose water, tea oil, apple cider vinegar to create a fungal treatment.
How to use:
- Mix the essential oils: 30ml of rose water, six drops of tea oil, four teaspoons of apple cider vinegar, and four tablespoons of lavender oil in a bottle.
- Stir or shake the mixture so that the essential oils dissolve into each other.
- Apply to the affected area. Repeat 3-4 times per day.
Clove essential oil
If you mention antifungal essential oil, you cannot ignore clove oil. The main ingredient of clove oil is benzoic acid and benzyl benzoate. If benzoic acid plays a role in regulating pH, suppresses fungal growth, benzyl benzoate is capable of treating itching.
Also, clove oil contains Eugenol, a substance that inhibits the growth of candida, thereby prevents the growth of fungal infections.
How to use:
- Clean the fungal skin.
- Mix 2-3 drops of coconut oil with some drops of coconut oil.
- Apply to the affected area and massage gently.
You can also apply clove oil if you have hair fungal.
How to use:
- Mix two drops of olive oil and three drops of clove oil.
- Apply on the hair after being shampooed and massage for 5 minutes.
- Use a towel to incubate the hair for 20 minutes, and then rinse with lukewarm water.
- Do this two times a week.
Tea tree essential oil
Tea tree oil is an excellent weapon against a lot of fungi, especially nail fungus. It is because of its antiseptic combined with antimicrobial and antifungal properties.
How to use:
- Mix one teaspoon tea tree oil, half tablespoon olive oil and orange juice. Then put cotton into the mixture and apply on the nail fungus. Let the nail dry.
- Dissolve 4-5 drops of tea tree oil in water. Soak your feet for 15-20 minutes
- Combine one drop of tea tree oil with two tablespoons of fresh lemon juice. Apply on the nail fungus.
Certainly perform regularly the way over twice a day, one in the morning, one in the evening, to achieve the best results.
Lemongrass essential oil
Lemongrass essential oil is famous for its range of uses, including antifungal. Due to the presence of citral and geraniol in the ingredients, lemongrass oil is widely used as an antimicrobial agent, as well as against fungal infections.
How to use:
- Combine half a tablespoon of soda baking and 2-3 drops of lemongrass oil.
- Dip cotton into the mixture and apply to the skin for 10-15 minutes to the oil penetrate into the skin.
- Rinse with clean water or allow drying naturally.
- Repeat three times a week to see the positive progression of the disease.
We have developed some effective antifungal essential oils. In addition to the treatment of essential oils, you also need to build a proper diet and a healthy lifestyle to prevent fungal infections as well as many other diseases.
Also Read: Benefits Of Opting For Physiotherapy At Home