Introducing peanuts to babies early in life can prevent peanut allergy later in their lives. Early allergen introduction can be done by taking the advice of doctors. Further, the baby might be suffering from more food allergy resources or even other food allergies. So, consulting with the doctor as to when they can be fed peanuts is crucial. Children with severe eczema can be introduced to peanuts within 4 to 6 months of age. Children with minimal eczema and no egg allergy can be submitted to peanuts at around 6 months. Likewise, the children with either eczema or egg allergy can be introduced later than 6 months.
At least 1 in 50 children are diagnosed with peanut allergies. And it has been on the rise. Early allergen introduction can prevent the allergy to peanuts from happening in the first place. For the toddlers and kids who get peanut allergy, the main symptoms are vomiting and hives, but it can range to itchiness. Benadryl for kids can be given to treat allergic reaction symptoms, after consulting with your health care provider.
Before you feed peanuts to baby
Introducing peanuts to babies can be a huge deal, and it is best to do it in the early developing stages. Make sure the child is healthy before taking the peanuts. Likewise, if they get cold, cough, or illness symptoms, then don’t give them peanuts until the symptoms are gone. Then you can accurately measure how much peanuts to give to babies. Check with a pediatrician to make sure the baby is not experiencing any severe more food allergy resources.
5 easy ways to introduce peanuts to babies
All the children not suffering from eczema or egg allergy can be introduced to peanuts in any recipe style the parents want. Secondly, there can be some delicious recipes where peanuts can be raised:
- Making peanut snacks: Now, the best way to introduce peanuts to children is by giving them peanut snacks. There are so many snacks available in the markets. Give your baby some peanut teething foods like peanut puffs. These are tasty, and at the same time, you can find if the child has an allergy to peanuts or not.
- Peanut butter toast: Another simple way to introduce peanuts is by giving a thin layer of peanut butter on a piece of lightly toasted bread. Any 6 months old baby can suck the whole toast and have the peanuts in it. Just be light on the toast to reduce the chances of soft bread getting stuck to the teeth. The recipe also works well with hard-cooked egg yolk.
- Peanut butter puree for baby: Make fluffy peanut butter puree as it is super easy and very healthy and nutritious. It contains the right amount of proteins as well. Take natural creamy peanut butter and water. The water helps to give peanut butter a yogurt consistency. The smooth texture can be stored for later use also. Keep stirring the mixture until the paste is formed. Keep the peanut butter at room temperature or add warm water to prepare the mix quickly.
- Peanut cookies: It is for babies above 8 months who have already started taking solids. Take 1 mashed banana and 1 cup rolled oats. Take 1/4th cup smooth peanut butter along with 1/4th cup cinnamon. Take the cookie sheet and preheat the oven to 350oF. Mix all the ingredients into a bowl and scoop out a spoonful of the batter into the sheet. Give it any shape you want. Bake the cookies for about 12 minutes and let them cool before giving them to children.
- Homemade peanut and fruit puree: Take 2 bananas with 1 chopped mango. Take 2 tbsp of peanut butter with coconut milk. Start by chopping the mango and blend peanut butter, mango and banana all into a mixture. Add the coconut mixture to get the texture you want and feed it to babies.
Early allergen introduction makes the babies ready to take solid foods as well. Make any recipe to match with peanuts and feed your babies. More food allergy resources help in preventing food allergies and keeping them at bay. Introduce your babies to peanuts and save them from life threatening dangers.
Jon Mike is a professional content writer at Bonnotsmillmo.com. He has more than 5 years of writing and digital marketing experience in the field for health, SEO Content technology, and real estate etc. I can post content for better ranking in major search engine.