To survive in the world of Information technology, it is essential to keep upgrading your knowledge in order to keep pace with the rapidly changing technologies in education. This makes even more sense now, especially for those whose jobs require them to work with applications associated with big data, business analysis, and business intelligence.
There are multiple vendors that offer big data certification for making you a pro in using their products as well as services. By developing your competence and earning certifications in latest technologies can take you places in your career. With the availability of large sets of data with companies and individuals today, there is a need for people to clean, organize and make sense out of this data to drive growth in business.
Top organizations of the world are hiring people who possess a high proficiency with understanding and handling raw data and digging meaningful information out of it. People who can overcome the challenges in exploring huge data sets as well as analyzing it. That is the reason why data science certifications have become so popular.
With our overly demanding jobs, it gets really hard to research which big data certification course to pursue. There are many big data vendor certifications in the market to choose from. IBM, Oracle, HP, EMC, and Cloudera are the top organizations that provide certification course for professionals struggling with big data.
It is difficult for us to suggest you which one to pursue as this decision will depend on your long-term goals for your future. Moreover, you need to base your decision on factors like the position you are presently working at, the requirements of your current profile, whether you can arrange for a tuition support or not and so on.
We can offer you a list of big data vendor certifications with details that include what they have to offer and how much will they cost you.
1). EMC Data Science Associate
EMCDSA is a perfect certification program for those who aspire to become data Analysts or Data scientists. It covers a wide range of activities such as:
- Analyzing as well as exploring the data with the help of ‘R’ tools.
- Formulating and assessing data models by applying statistics along with technologies pertinent suited for advanced analytics.
- Putting analytics projects into operation.
- Apply data visualization techniques along data models.
2). Data Science Council of America (DASCA)
- Big Data Engineering Certification – Associate Big Data Engineer and Senior Big Data Engineer
- Big Data Analytics Certification – Associate Big Data Analyst and Senior Big Data Analyst
- Data Scientist Certification – Senior Data Scientist and Principal Data Scientist
The organization provides powerful and independent professional credentials. It tests its students along a potent generic framework of data science knowledge.
- Cloudera Certified Professional: Data Scientist
- Cloudera Certified Developer for Apache Hadoop
- Cloudera Certified Administrator for Apache Hadoop
- Cloudera Certified Specialist in Apache HBase
The certifications will help you become proficient in data science, specifically Hadoop. There are separate training together with exams for administrators, developers and data analyst.
4). IBM Certified Solution Advisor – Big Data & Analytics
This certification is designed for someone who wants to showcase their learnings about the essential theories of big data & analytics, determining customer needs and suggesting useful solutions. In order to earn this certification, it is recommended that you should have a basic knowledge of IBM products.
- Hadoop 2.0 Java Developer Certification
- Hadoop 2.0 Developer Certification
- Hadoop 2.0 Administrator Certification
If you are eager for a successful and trusted professional in Apache Hadoop, this is the correct certification for you. The certification program will impart the skills required to develop and administer Hadoop-based solutions. It can also help you with the design and management of the entire architecture.