The Uttar Pradesh Police Recruitment Board or the UPPRB conducts a recruitment process year on year to onboard deserving candidates for various roles such as sub-inspector, constable, home guard etc. As per the official corrigendum and media reports, the UP police vacancy has increased this year. The UPPRB is expected to fill over 13000 vacancies this year. According to the notice, around 9534 vacancies for the post of sub-inspector are expected to be filled through the UP Police SI 2020 Recruitment. You can check the official website for further information.
Educational Qualification and Eligibility Criteria for the post of sub-inspector:
Aspirants are required to be between the ages of 21 to 28 and they have to be graduates at the time of application.
Minimum weight for all the female candidates irrespective of the category is 40kg. It will be verified during the Physical Measurement Test. Other attributes which are verified during the physical measurement test vary based on the category a candidate belongs to.
Minimum Requirements are as follows:
Important Dates for UP Police SI 2020 Recruitment
UP police admit card available for download
UP Police SI 2020 exam date
UP Police SI 2020 PET (Physical Efficiency Test) date
If you have read/scrolled this far, then you must be wondering what a typical UP Police officer makes. As per the 7th pay commission, the initial salary of a UP police officer could range between INR 9,300 to INR 34,800 per month depending on the post. The grade pay of a sub-inspector is INR 4,200. Along with the salary, officers are also eligible for allowances such as HRA, DA etc.
Selection process for UP Police SI 2020 Recruitment:
The selection process involves 4 different stages which are as follows:
- Written Exam – the exam will be conducted offline. Only candidates who clear the exam will be invited for further rounds
- Document Verification and Physical Measurement Test
- Physical Efficiency Test (PET) – this is conducted after the documents are verified
- Final Selection – a merit list is prepared based on the performance to announce the final shortlist
Exam Pattern for the Written Test is as follows:
During the Physical Efficiency Test, candidates are expected to complete the following task:
You can check the official notification for the detailed subject-wise breakup of the syllabus.
Step-by-Step Guide on How to Apply for the UP Police SI 2020 Recruitment?
- Check the official UP Police Recruitment Board website for the online application
- Click on the link that says “Apply Online for UP Police SI 2020”
- You will be redirected to a page where you can register yourself by entering your mobile number and email id
- Login using your registered email id/mobile number\
- and password
- Fill the application form and review the application form to check if you have entered all the details correctly
- Upload your photograph and the scanned copy of your signature as per the dimensions and file-size specified on the official website
- Click on the submit button
- Once you submit your application, you will be redirected to a page where you can remit the application fee.
The application fee is as follows:
You can pay the fee online using a debit/credit card or net-banking. You can pay it offline through a bank challan.
- Print your application receipt.
We hope you found this article useful.
All the best!
Jon Mike is a professional content writer at Bonnotsmillmo.com. He has more than 5 years of writing and digital marketing experience in the field for health, SEO Content technology, and real estate etc. I can post content for better ranking in major search engine.