Tucked away in the Sahyadri range, lies the beautiful hill town of Mahableshwar. Apart from strawberries and jams, it is also known for its majestic peaks, cascading waterfalls, and magnificent rivers. Its captivating beauty attracts a large number of holiday-goers bringing Maharashtra tourism to an all-time high. Given the crowds of vacationers making their way towards this blissful haven, a multitude of Mahabaleshwar resorts – big and small are housed in the town.
How to Reach Mahabaleshwar
Getting to Mahabaleshwar can be a bit of a task, considering it doesn’t have an airport. However, there are various modes of transport that one can take when wondering how to reach Mahabaleshwar.
- By Air – The nearest airport is in the city of Pune from where one can make their way to Mahabaleshwar. Spice jet, Air India, GoAir and IndiGo airlines operate to and from Pune
- By Train – Several trains run from Mumbai and Pune to Mahabaleshwar on a daily basis
- By Road – There are regular bus services running from nearby cities such as Mumbai and Pune to this sought after destination
Best Time to Visit Mahabaleshwar
The months ranging from November to March are considered the best time to visit Mahabaleshwar. This time comprises of fall and winter months making the weather conditions extremely pleasant. July and August encompass the monsoon, which is when most of the city shuts down due to the heavy rainfall. However, it is an all-year-round destination, making it favorable for different types of people and their preferences.
Things to Do in Mahabaleshwar
A city that is home to strawberry farms, ancient temples, boarding schools, bustling market, and dense manicured landscape, there is a plethora of things to do in Mahabaleshwar such as;
- Ride a shikara in Venna lake
- Engage in some thrilling trekking at Tapola dam
- Unveil the mysterious secrets at Pratapgarh fort
- Shower in the natural cascades of Lingmala falls
- Tantalize your taste buds with fresh strawberry and cream at Mapro – one of the top-ratedrestaurants in Mahabaleshwar
- Go horseback riding
- Indulge in local footwear and jewelry in the bazaar
- Spot exotic birds at Babington point
- Eat desi chicken and corn pakoda at some of the famous local restaurants in Mahabaleshwar
Places to Visit in Mahabaleshwar
The number of places to visit in Mahabaleshwaris so many and so diverse that the best way to summarize this gift of nature will be to engage in them to their fullest glory. Some of them include;
- Arthur’s seat
- Elephant point
- Mahabaleshwar temple
- Pratapgarh fort
- Chinaman’s falls
- Wilson point
Mahabaleshwar tourism has inculcated the need for hoteliers to build massive resorts and stunning hotels. They come in all shapes and sizes, ranging from bed and breakfasts to five-star hotels. With unmatched hospitality and luxurious amenities, tourists have ensured an enigmatic experience when staying at these gorgeous properties overlooking the hills. Club Mahindra has two resorts there, both plush with stunning views, incredible service, and affordable tariffs.
I am Marketing Specialist. I am specialized in sales and marketing activities related to IT industry. I love to write articles on home improvement, SEO, Guest posting, Travel etc.