The British Columbia Immigration Nominee program offers three streams to become a permanent resident in B.C. Every pathway contains a different type of categories you can apply under, depending on your NOC skill level, job, or as an international student.
It is for skilled and semi-skilled workers in key-demand professions in B.C. It uses a points-based incitement system. The procedure involves registering and applying online for the BC PNP and a paper application form process for stable residence.
You may not need work experience for a few categories. Skilled workers may have work experience from foreign countries. Entry Level and Semi-Skilled category candidates need B.C. work experience. Fresher international graduates of a Canadian university or college may not need any work experience. It depends on the job, they apply.
Express Entry BC
It is better way for competent skilled workers to immigrate to B.C. Candidate must also qualify for a federal economic immigration program. The program uses a points-based invitation system and is a completely web-based registration and application process for both the BC PNP and permanent residence process.
You do not need any B.C. work experience. But, you must have relevant work experience as well as meet other needs such as education and language.
This stream is for high net worth business people who can invest manage a valid business in B.C. It is also a points-based system. Candidates must also have the required personal and investment funds.
You have an option for companies looking to expand their business into B.C and need to get permanent residency for their key employees.
Other immigration ways of British Columbia Canada immigration.
If applicants don’t qualify for one of the above streams there may be several other ways to come to B.C. Take a view your options, and see if you qualify as an immigrant, temporary resident or a visitor.
If the BC PNP is not right for you and your family, you may be able to come to Canada through another program.
Have a look on your options:
- Canadian Experience Class: The program allows the candidates with work experience in Canada to become permanent residents.
- Family Sponsorship: This is for the citizens and permanent residents over the age of 18 to sponsor their family members to move towards Canada.
- Live-in Caregiver Program: By this program individuals can visit Canada to care for children, elderly persons or persons with disabilities.
- Federal Skilled Workers Program: The program offers permanent residency to professionals who can contribute to Canada’s economy growth.
- Federal Skilled Trades Program: Program offers permanent residency for qualified trades workers who can contribute to Canada’s economy growth.
- The Self-Employed Persons Program: The program is for people who want to be self-employed in Canada.
- Start-up Visa Program: Entrepreneurs with the skills and ideas to build an innovative business in Canada may be suitable for this.
• Temporary Foreign Worker Program: The program permits foreign workers to come to Canada for short-term labor and skill shortages.