Would you like to live more environmentally friendly? Living greener and more sustainable?
Most of us think that it is challenging and unachievable. But my friend, being environmentally friendly is easy as pie. Everyone can do something, everyone can do a little – and if everyone does a little …well, then the total will be pretty good! You can use reusable cloth bags, to begin with!
So, take a vow to follow these five eco-friendly tips from today:
#1. Boycott Plastic
Say no to plastic straws, say no to napkins, plastic cutlery, and plastic bags. Saying no to garbage is free and can save the globe from a lot of unnecessary waste. In addition, you get a good conscience. If you are a store owner, go for custom reusable shopping bags that are made of biodegradable material. Moreover, don’t buy snacks and food offered in disposable plastic packaging. Make your own snacks at home before going to work and school. That way, you may get used up dinner scraps. Zero waste!
#2. Don’t Opt For New Clothes Unnecessarily
Producing clothing is incredibly energy-intensive and polluting. Save your environment and wallet by taking care of what you have. Many startups are planning to process used clothes to produce new ones. Go for such attire. If possible, consider exchanging with friends. You can also try selling away clothes you don’t use.
#3. Forget the Plastic Drinking Bottle And Plastic Shopping Bags
Bring water from home on your own drinking bottle instead of buying water in disposable plastic bottles. If you do not have a reusable bottle, you can easily use a jam or other glass you have lying around. Use what you have. It feels good and costs nothing.
Apart from this, you must also avoid plastic shopping bags. Instead, always carry personalized reusable shopping bags in your car or backpack so you can easily refuse the plastic bag when you shop at the store. P.S. They look super cool.
#4. Reuse Anything You Can
Avoid non-biodegradable cleaning products and make your own natural cleaning products. It’s simple, affordable, and environmentally friendly. Moreover, you can reuse the packaging you already have at home. Drop the paper towel. You can easily replace the paper towels with worn kitchen towels, washcloths, or frayed clothing that you cut.
Try to reduce the use of makeup, cosmetics, and other beauty products. Embrace the natural beauty you have – or switch to natural products such as coconut oil such as makeup remover, moisturizer, or lip gloss!
#5. Make Little Changes in Your Everyday Life
- Look for products with the least possible packaging when shopping. This applies to both foods, fruits, vegetables, and consumables. Bring your own mesh bags or thin cloth bags to the loose weight items you shop at the store.
- Don’t shop at the store where they make use of plastic bags. Shop at those that offer custom printed reusable bags that you can reuse.
- Replace the plastic wrap with beeswax sheets, or have food and food scraps in sealed steel boxes and use reusable shopping bags.
- Bring drinks in your drink bottle in steel or glass instead of buying drinks in a disposable plastic bottle.
- Throw your lenses in plastic garbage instead of in the toilet.
- Go for clothes made of natural fiber. Clothes made of plastic, such as fleece, polyester, etc. release microplastics when washing, and this goes into the sea.
- Include best reusable shopping bags in your shopping.
Adopt these little changes in your life and observe mother earth healing!