Any luxury coach hire Manchester business owner will tell you that mag wheels and alloy wheels are far better than their steel equivalents. This claim is not baseless after all since these wheels have the clear advantage against steel wheels based on different criteria like performance and cosmetic appearance.
If you are not very familiar with the subject of wheels, then you may find this article particularly helpful. Listed below are some of the main advantages of alloy and mag wheels over their steel counterparts.
- Alloy wheels are your most basic these days. Contrary to what was the trend before the 1960s when steel wheels ruled the automotive industry and markets, magnesium and alloy wheels are today’s top choice of car manufacturers. Because of their apparent performance and cosmetic advantage over steel wheels, auto manufacturers are also preferential to alloy wheels. Additionally, aluminum alloy can be cast, which make it easier to work on different designs and sizes, providing cars a unique style and character. This is definitely harder to achieve with steel wheels.
- Steel wheels are obviously much heavier than alloy wheels. This fact can affect the general performance and feel of a vehicle. The steel wheels’ weight is called unsprung weight because it is not being cushioned by the vehicle’s suspension spring. The heavier the unsprung weight is, the harder for the driver to control and maneuver the vehicle, especially in more demanding road conditions. Since alloy and mag wheels are much lighter than steel wheels, they do not cause too much of unsprung weight, which provide more control to the driver. Simply put, lighter wheels result in smoother and easier vehicle control.
- Vehicles with steel wheels are generally harder to operate. Because steel wheels are heavier, the vehicle’s acceleration, agility, and general performance are adversely affected. Cars with steel wheels have lower center of gravity, which make them harder to control. Experts suggest that driving a car with steel wheels is comparable to operating a tank. Hence, such vehicles are a liability when it is summer. Thus, cars with alloy wheels are your top choice when it is summer or in sunny and humid weather.
- Since alloy and mag wheels can be polished, painted, and chromed, they best serve drivers and car enthusiasts who take time to personalize or improve their vehicles’ cosmetic appearance. As it is, if you want to invest on new alloy wheels, you can easily do so and you’d have diversified and comprehensive selections to choose from.
- Cars with alloy wheels have better agile performance and acceleration. Since these vehicles do not have to dampen unsprung weight, agility and acceleration are not compromised. Hence, alloy wheels are the best choice for drivers who want to take advantage of their car’s performance, agility, and acceleration.
- It is easier to find replacement wheels for alloy wheel sets than their steel equivalents. Since alloy wheels are the most common type of wheels in the market today, you don’t have to worry about after-market sales. All of auto accessory and specialty stores and retailers in the country sell mag and alloy wheels, making it easier for consumers to find replacement or upgrade for their current wheel sets.
If you own a business that mainly deals with luxury coach hire Manchester, you should know that you can experience so many advantages from alloy wheels than steel wheels. However, you should also note that steel wheels also have some advantages over alloy ones. In order to know better which one is best for your driving needs and preference, it is always advisable to seek advice from your local mag wheels distributor or automotive expert.