Glivec 400 mg Glivec tablets are used to treat both the adults and children with acute lymphoblastic leukemia-ALL and chronic myeloid leukemia- CML. These are types of blood cancers whereby abnormal chromosomes generate an enzyme that caused the massive production of white blood cells. Glivec 400 mg kills these abnormal cells but leaves the normal white blood cells out. The tablets can also be used in the treatment of:
- Myeloproliferative and myelodysplastic in adults: they are types of blood ailments whereby blood cells begin to grow uncontrollably
- Chronic eosinophilic leukemia: Where eosinophils blood cells grow wildly
- Aggressive systemic mastocytosis: A type of cancer where most blood cells are formed in excess
- Gastrointestinal stromal tumors: Cancer of the digestive tract
- Dermatofibrosarcoma protuberans: cancer of the inner skin tissue
Also Read: Know Before Using Neulastim 6mg Injection
How it works
Glivec 400 mg slows down the rapid growth of the cancerous cells. If you have a burning question about the medication, don’t hesitate to ask your doctor. Be sure of the purpose for which you have been given the tablets. You cannot buy the tablets over the counter as they are only prescribed by qualified professionals who understand drugs for blood cancers and solid tumors. It is very important to follow the doctor’s instructions even if they don’t agree with what the leaflet says.
Who should not take Glivec 100 mg tablets?
Anyone allergic to imatinib or another ingredient must not take this drug. If that is the case, make sure you seek advice from your doctor. Sometimes you may not be sure; just ask before taking it. Other conditions that don’t allow intake of the drug include:
- Liver, heart, or kidney diseases
- When taking levothyroxine after removal of the thyroid gland
- If you have a history of hepatitis B (Glivec might lead to the reemergence of hepatitis B)
For these reasons, patients must be diagnosed thoroughly for any kind of infection before the treatment begins. If you are pregnant, planning to get pregnant, or breastfeeding, make sure you have the doctor’s counsel before taking the Glivec 100mg.
How to take the drug
The reason your doctor prescribes Glivec is a serious condition and you can count on the medicine to fight this problem. Nonetheless, you must take it as instructed. Check once again with the physician when uncertain. The drug must not be discontinued unless you are told to do so by your doctor. If you cannot take it as prescribed, or feel like you are cured, consult the doctor as soon as possible. This is how it is taken:
- The starting dose for the leukemia is 400 mg or 600 mg for adults- 400 mg means 4 tablets per day while 600mg means 6 tablets per day
- For the treatment of gastrointestinal tumors, 4 tablets (400mg) per day are taken
The doctor may prescribe a lower or higher dose depending on your responses to the medicine. When your doctor prescribes a daily 800mg dose, you have to divide the 8 tablets between morning and evening.
Bonnotsmillmo.com is one of the best news article submission websites for various topic. One can register and post an article for online business visibility.